Casal Thaulero, also known as Casale, has been a hamlet of Roseto degli Abruzzi since 1955 and is located on a hill that overlooks the Valle del Vomano to the south and Montepagano to the north. It owes its origins to the Thaulero family of Teramo. Over the centuries, the connection to agriculture and wine production has remained strong and has characterized the development of the local economy.
In memory of Giammichele Thaulero, the Church of the Natività di Maria was built in 1836. Although small, it maintains a simple and elegant architecture and still plays an important role in the religious life of the area. Every year, on September 8th, the population celebrates the Virgin Mary and Saint Vitus with a solemn Mass and a procession along the streets of the village.