Formerly known as the Church of Santa Filomena, it was dedicated to Santa Maria Assunta after 1961 when the Congregation for Rites removed the saint from the liturgical calendar. In that year, Santa Maria Assunta became the new patron Saint of Roseto.
Built in 1857 as a single-nave structure, at the end of which is the presbyterial area separated from the rest by two successive pointed arches and surmounted by a hexagonal dome. The church has a gabled roof, and its facade features a stone-framed portal with a round arch topped by a lunette, where is located a mosaic depicting the descent of the Holy Spirit upon the Mother of God.
The square-based bell tower and octagonal lantern give the church an elegant and imposing appearance. Inside, the church is adorned with several works by local artists. Among the most significant works, one can admire “The Holy Family” by the painter Pasquale Celommi.